Technical Support Specialist
We're looking for an entry-level Technical Support Specialist with strong customer service and technical skills.
This person's time will be spent primarily on shipping and receiving devices, creating RMAs, and configuring customer mobile hardware. The role requires problem-solving and excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as experience with managing technical inventory. Heightened detail awareness, basic technical knowledge, and customer service/inventory control acumen are essential to this role. Strong teamwork, solid interpersonal skills, and prior experience in technical support will all count in your favor.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic to support our company's values in a healthy, high-performance culture
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with all departments contacted in the course of work
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills to resolve issues quickly, provide proper solutions, build and maintain customer relationships
- Demonstrate strong analytical abilities and professional office conduct
- Stage and configure new and repaired mobile hardware prior to shipment to customers
- Pick and pack SST's customer equipment exchange units and RMA shipments
- Perform shipping/receiving functions under general supervision
- Generate shipping forms, and register and track shipments using FedEx Online and UPS WorldShip services
- Tend to shipping/pickup area and put away/deliver materials in storage area.
- Log and audit inventory movement transactions for equipment exchange and RMA shipments
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation for ‘Rapid Equipment Exchange’ service including specific client variations.
- Create and contribute to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation for inventory control
- Prepare quarterly service reports to submit to management and contribute to identification of trending issues.
- Provide recommendations for actions to address trending issues.
- Provide other support as requested.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to interface well with cross-functional teammates.
- Sound judgment and customer service skills.
- Basic technical knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Basic technical knowledge of mobile technologies.
- Two years of experience in shipping, receiving, and/or warehousing operations, preferably in a technical environment.
- Working computer literacy using spreadsheets and word processing software. Storekeeping and meticulous inventory control are required.
- Basic knowledge of technical environments, including hardware staging and configuration and product support.
- Basic understanding of ‘Mobile Device Management Tools’ (SOTI / AIRWATCH)
Bachelor's Degree preferred, but minimum Associates Degree
This is a full-time position, and the company provides a comprehensive benefits package.
If you’re interested, please fill out the form below.
We help companies capture information about the items and people critical to their operations, and we need your help.
This information helps our customers become more efficient, prevents errors, and provides real-time insights that lead to better decision making.
Strategic Systems makes capturing and managing this information automatic, fast, and pain-free.
Our mission is to help companies reduce the cost and complexity of enterprise mobility and RFID investments, so they can focus on what’s important. Now with a team of 24 (and growing), we’re building the best locationing solution in America.