Alien is Reinventing RFID with the ALR-F800-X, a Revolutionary Solution That Simplifies RFID Infrastructure Installation, Operations, and Maintenance by Combining an Enterprise RFID Reader and Edge Service to Provide Multiple-Reader visualization and Management.
Solution Design and Consultation
Our engineers can help design a solution from the start or evaluate the performance of an existing system. We stay current with developing technologies and industry leading suppliers and manufacturers. Request a no-obligation consultation with a Strategic Systems today.
The ALR-F800-X is a truly transformational product created by the merging two core capabilities present in any solution. It is an ALR-F800 based 4-port Enterprise-Class UHF Passive Reader and it is an Edge Service controller or manager that supports other readers in the network providing a complete Industry 4.0 solution.
- By transforming the reader into both a middleware host AND an application host, multiple layers of complexity and cost are thereby eliminated.
- By processing data elements at the source, the VALUE of the data is exponentially increased, because individual read points throughout a vast enterprise can be examined and evaluated in real-time. This adds immeasurably to the richness and quality of the Big Data analytics scenarios now emerging in every area of business life.
About Alien Emissary
Emissary comes embedded inside the ALR-F800-X at no additional cost and is ready to use “out of the box” without the complexities associated with downloading special licenses. Each ALR-F800-X supports four additional readers (for five readers in total), and no additional Edge Server is required (the ALR-F800-X performs this function). The ALR-F800-X with Emissary is designed to be low fuss and simple to use.
It visualizes readers, antenna and other IO devices into a more logical view that is more customer-centric. A complete multi-reader/device workflow can be described from built-in Activities resulting in simplified installation, operation and maintenance.
Emissary consists of:
- User-friendly and familiar device and location naming for multiple read-point environments;
- A simple mechanism to define and visualize how the reader and non-reader hardware are applied to these various locations;
- Built-in common activities (such as read a tag, turn on a light);
- A Microsoft Windows tool for combining activities into the desired multi-reader and multi-
I/O device workflows (across multiple readers);
- Automatic interpretation of the correct Tag Data Standard when tags are read; and
- Aggregation of the tag read data (reports) into the ALR-F800-X where consolidated reports
can then be transferred to the cloud or server (reducing data flowing between them).