AP 7181 | Multi-radio Outdoor Mesh Access Point
The AP 7181 from Motorola is an outdoor high-performance, multi-radio 802.11n mesh access point.
The AP 7181 offers:
Specifically designed to meet the needs of enterprises, municipal agencies and transit systems, the AP 7181 offers organizations powerful, long-term, outdoor network coverage. Easy to deploy and manage, the AP 7181 is capable of delivering burst data rates of up to 300 Mbps at the 11n mesh layer and, because it has no external antenna sticks, boasts an appealing form factor.
In addition to being IEEE compliant with the latest 802.11n standards, the technology behind the AP 7181 enables superior outdoor mesh performance through:
- Cyclic Shift Diversity (CSD) – which ensures that users receive the best signal, uniform coverage and higher data rates within the coverage area;
- Maximal Ratio Combining (MRC) – which addresses “lower powered clients” (on smart phones, PDAs and laptops) in a different manner than higher powered client needs, so that lower power data doesn’t need to be re-transmitted as multiple receive signals, and can therefore be “heard” better;
- Spatial Multiplexing – which allows data to be transmitted over two data streams, resulting in less interference as well as higher throughput;
- Channel Bonding – which combines two adjacent 20 MHz channels into a single 40 MHz channel for the potential to achieve higher data rates in 802.11n; and
- Frame Aggregation – which assists customers with channel contention and reduces backhaul delay by transmitting the aggregated frame in a single transmission on the channel.
Distribution Government Manufacturing Video Surveillance Education
Data Voice Video
100–240 VAC at 47-63 HZ
AC Power Consumption:
84 Watts Average, 126 Watts Peak
DC Power Consumption:
66 Watts Average, 99 Watts Peak
2 ports auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet
15.35” x 14” (height x diameter at widest point)