Rapid Equipment Exchange (REX)
Your mobile devices play an important role in the data management strategy on which your business depends. To help keep your operations at peak performance, Strategic Systems & Technology offers REX – your Rapid Equipment eXchange portal. With REX, you can achieve visibility that allows you to track, deploy and ensure the usability of all of your mobile devices and accessories.
What Is REX?
REX is an online management portal that gives you comprehensive, real-time status visibility over your entire mobile device population. Customized to your specific needs, your flexible REX portal is searchable by the criteria that mean the most to you (serial number, location, status, etc.) and gives you the ability to export data for robust reporting.
More than just a real-time database, however, REX also encompasses support and services. Directly administered by your trusted team of Strategic Systems technical advisors, REX involves two key activities – Spare Pool Management and RMA Processing.
REX | Spare Pool Management
Think of this as “base camp” for your mobile devices. Strategic Systems takes guardianship of your backup devices, staging and securely storing them until they’re needed, then shipping them out whenever and wherever they are required.
REX | RMA Processing
When the inevitable happens and one of your devices is damaged, Strategic Systems steps up to handle the situation. Here’s how it works:
- One of your devices is damaged, so you
- trigger an alert by logging onto REX and requesting a return merchandise authorization or RMA; this
- activates your Strategic REX response team to ship out (priority overnight if you like – the shipping method is up to you and the urgency you specify) a replacement unit from your spare pool, along with a return label for you to
- ship us the damaged unit, which we
- manage through the manufacturer’s service contract repair process on your behalf, and then
- enter back into your spare pool to be ready for redeployment as needed.