The DS6878-HC cordless 2D imager for healthcare provides instant access to highly accurate, critical patient information – right at the point of care. Built on Motorola’s proven SE4500 scan engine, the DS6878-HC delivers rapid-fire, omni-directional scan performance for virtually any type of barcode (even smudged and damaged barcodes), which can help streamline the entire patient care process. Some of the DS6878-HC’s key features include:
- Healthcare-environment rugged durability – featuring best-in-class drop specifications, IP43 sealing for reliable operation in spite of spills, dust and daily cleaning, and scratch-resistant tempered glass lens.
- Data capture versatility – for capturing signatures at the point of care, scanning driver’s licenses to auto-populate applications, capturing insurance cards, healthcare proxies and other documents, as well as taking pictures and video.
- Cordless flexibility – charging via USB connection to the cradle eliminates the need for a separate power supply and cord on the medical cart or workstation.
Because the DS6878-HC cordless 2D imager is compatible with popular Bedside Meds Administration software, including Cerner, Epic, Siemens, Eclipsys and Meditech, it is ideal for ensuring accurate medication administration at the point of care. Contact Strategic Systems today to discuss how the DS6878-HC can help with your critical healthcare processes, including transfusion verification, specimen collection, inventory management, patient admitting and more.
- Dimensions: 7.3 in H x 3.85 in. L x 2.7 in. W
- Weight: 8.4 oz.
- Color: Healthcare White
- Light Source: Aiming Pattern: 655 /- 10 nm laser diode; Illumination: 625 +/- 5 nm LED
- Field of View: 39.2° horizontal, 25.4° vertical
- Roll/Pitch/Skew: 360°, ±60°, ±60°
- 1D Symbology Decode Capability: UPC/EAN (UPCA/UPCE/UPCE1/EAN-8-EAN-13/JAN-8/JAN13 plus supplemental), ISBN (Bookland), ISSN, Coupon Code, Code 39 (Standard, Full ASCII, UCC/EAN-128, ISBT-128 Concatenated), Code 93, Codabar/NW7, Code 11 (standard, Matrix 2 of 5), MSI Plessey, I 2 of 5 (Interleaved 2 0f 5), GS1 Databar (Omnidirectional, Truncated, Stacked, Stacked Omnidirectional, Limited, Expanded, Expanded Stacked, Inverse), Base 32 (Italian Pharmacode)
- PDF417 (and Variants) Decode Capability: PDF417, microPDF417, Composite Codes (CC-A, CC-B, CC-C)
- Postal Symbology Decode Capability: U.S. Postnet and Planet, U.K., Japan, Australian, Netherlands KIX code, Royal Mail 4 State Customer, UPU ICS 4 State Postal, USPS 4CB, Canadian Post (Postbar)
- 2D Symbology Decode Capability: TLC-39, Aztec (Standard, Inverse), MaxiCode, DataMatrix/ECC 200 (Standard, Inverse), QR Code (Standard, Inverse and Micro)
- NOTE: National Drug Codes (NDC) can be encoded in various symbologies. The DS6878-HC can be used to parse these codes using Advanced Data Formatting (ADF) rules.
- Graphics Format Support: Images can be exported as Bitmap, JPEG, and TIFF (requires the hands-free presentation cradle)
- Image Quality: 120 DPI on a 4 in. x 6 in. document @ 6.5 in.
- Security Certification: Certified compliant with FIPS 140-2 (requires FIPS configuration scanner and CR0078-P base)
- Sealing: IP43 (water and dust resistant)
- Drop Specification: Withstands multiple 6 ft. drops to concrete
- Approved Cleansing Agents: Isopropyl alcohol, bleach/sodium hypochlorite, hydrogen peroxide, gentle dish soap and water
- Approved Brand-name Cleansers: Super Sani-Cloth® Wipes; Clorox® Bleach; Windex® Antimicrobial; Windex® with Ammonia D; Virex® 5 Wipes; Dispatch®; Sani-Cloth® Plus
- Radio: Bluetooth™, Class 1, Version 2.1 + EDR, Adaptive Frequency Hopping (enables co-existence with 802.11 wireless networks), serial port & HID profiles; data rate – up to 3 Megabits/sec
BARCODE TYPE / BARCODE DENSITY / INCHES from SCANNER NOSE
- Code 39 / 5 mil / 0.5–6.3 in.
- Code 128 / 6 mil / 1.3–5.4 in.
- Code 128 / 10 mil / *–8.0 in.
- 60% UPC / 7.8 mil / 0.6–7.2 in.
- 100% UPC / 13 mil / 1.2–14.2 in.
- PDF / 5 mil / 1.9–3.5 in.
- PDF / 6.6 mil / 1.0–5.9 in.
- PDF / 10 mil / *–8.0 in.
- Datamatrix / 10 mil / 1.1–7.2 in.
* Limited by FOV
- Patient identification
- Medication administration
- Specimen collection
- Patient admission
- Caregiver accountability and audit trail
- Dietary management
- Wound management
- Chain of custody for controlled substances
- Inventory management
DS6878-HC2000BWR | MOTOROLA, DS6878 HEALTHCARE, CORDLESS BLUETOOTH, 2D STANDARD RANGE IMAGER, SCANNER ONLY, REQUIRES CRADLE AND CABLE, WHITE
DS6878-HC2F09BWR | MOTOROLA, DS6878 FIPS 140-2 CERTIFIED, HEALTHCARE, CORDLESS BLUETOOTH, 2D STANDARD RANGE IMAGER, SCANNER ONLY, REQUIRES CRADLE AND CABLE, WHITE
DS6878-HC2F17BWR | MOTOROLA, DS6878, CUSTOM FOR VA, FIPS 140-2 CERTIFIED, HEALTHCARE, CORDLESS BLUETOOTH, 2D STANDARD RANGE IMAGER, SCANNER ONLY, REQUIRES CRADLE AND CABLE, WHITE